Hamilton Happenings: April 2011

                                                                  Photo via Me2Designs

It's a good thing we took an opportunity to get away last weekend, because there's too many eventful things going on in Hamilton in the coming weeks that I don't want to miss out on. I'm like a stubborn child when it comes to this horrible winter dragging on -- I refuse to keep hibernating and I refuse to wear my coat. So if you see me out and about, please say hi -- I'll be the one shivering in a jean jacket and open-toe shoes. :)

Food & Drink Fest: April 8-10 / This event simply cannot be missed. It is guaranteed to open your eyes to many excellent restaurants, breweries and wineries from this area that you may have never known about. I have attended this event for three years in a row now and it never disappoints.

Art Crawl: April 8 / 7-10 / James St. N. / All the usual suspects, plus new additions to the beat, B Contemporary and Relish.

GritLit: April 7-10 / Book lovers, give your looking balls a rest this weekend and join in this festival of readings, discussions and workshops held at various venues around the city.

Earth Day: April 22 / Hamilton is planning a bunch of different events to promote Earth Day this year, including a 5k fun run and a tree-planting festival.

DVSA Art Auction: April 28-30 / Possibly my favourite art event in the area. Mike and I have won a piece two years in a row now through the silent auction. It's a great opportunity to see a lot of original art and the auction adds a little extra affordability and excitement to the art-buying experience.

Baby Expo: April 30-May 1 / Convention Centre / It seems like just about everyone I know has a bun in the oven at the moment; mommies and mommies-to-be out there, this one's for you. In addition to exhibitors, entertainment includes a babywearing fashion show and giveaway, superhero and princess meet and greets, and a diaper derby (whatever those are).

This is by no means a complete list of the events happening in the city, but merely what has come across my radar that I would personally be interested in attending. If you have any events you would like to add, by all means leave details in the comments.

No comments