Easter Baking

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! I spent Friday screen printing and painting mostly, but I decadently took the rest of the weekend off. We had such gorgeous weather here on Saturday and it was so lovely to visit with my family on Sunday that it wasn't very hard to ignore the occasional pang of guilt. But just because I wasn't sewing doesn't mean I was lazy. Flour was flying and eggs were cracking!


Banana Oat Muffins
Now that I have oats in the house, leftover from this recipe, I want to add them to everything, like banana muffins. Normally I'm a banana bread kinda girl, but I really enjoyed having these around, ready to eat. I donated half the batch to my muffin-loving brother, so I think I might have to bake another dozen this week.
Recipe via AllRecipes.


Flower Cake
My mom asked me to bring a bunny-shaped cake to Easter dinner, but I thought that was a little childish, so of course I took it a zillion steps further and attempted this stunner the morning before. Although I am really proud of how it turned out and the cake itself was deliciously moist, light and lemony, I was annoyed with how much waste there was. I now have another cake's worth of remnants to pick at. Also, icing a cake that has been cut into pieces is not an easy task — crumb city. What we do for beauty.
Recipe via Martha Stewart.


Edna's Every Holiday Shortbread
You may remember these cuties from this post. I couldn't let a year go by without using those adorable cookie cutters again, so I whipped up a batch of these as well. We saved a little extra icing from the cake and made some cookie sandwiches too (Mike's idea). Mmm. I'm going to go have one now.
Recipe via Moi.

1 comment

De Facto Redhead said...

Busy bee! And what? No Easter cake from Tim Hortons?