4 Favourite Ornaments

O tannenbaum! Decorating the Christmas tree is such a lovely tradition, isn't it? Each ornament seems to have a story all its own and I really loved reading about some of Carla's favourites last year. I believe she got the idea from her friend Joanne the year before. So this year, I think I'll take up the tradition and share some of the trinkets on my tree!


Next to my Baby's First Christmas ball, this is the second oldest ornament on my tree and one of my very first sewing projects. Not bad needlework for a four-year-old! I wonder if I should track down my kindergarten teacher and thank her for that?


Mike bought me this ornament for our first Christmas together in Hamilton. If you love Christmas as much as I do, you will understand how much this means to me. I can't help but wonder if our grandchildren will be hanging it on their tree one day and sharing this story. Sorry for the sap, but if there's a place for sap, it's on the Christmas tree! Har har!


I bought this at the Maker's Market last year from a local stained-glass artist (I feel horrible that I can't remember the gentleman's name). This ornament is beautiful on its own, but what makes it extra special is that the glass was actually taken from an old home right here in Hamilton. I obviously fell in love with this idea and bought four or five more to give as gifts.


My mom dropped off a bunch of my ornaments this year that were gifted to me as a child and I was quite surprised to find this one included.  It was a gift from my godparents and it's always been a favourite of my entire family.  It was a bit of a tradition to find the perfect spot on the tree for this beauty and everyone knew the rules —  in front of a light and with lots of space to hang. Haha!

I could go on and on, there are so many that I love, but alas it's Day 4, so I'm cut off. Maybe I'll share some more next year. What are some of your favourite ornaments and family decorating traditions?

2 comments

De Facto Redhead said...

I want to see more!!!

Jill said...

I like this kind of post!!!! Your ornaments are sweet and special ornaments like these grow more dear every year...