We're Engaged!

So I stood you up after all. However, I think I have a pretty solid excuse. Mike completely caught me by surprise and PROPOSED! Not a typical Thursday evening, to say the least. Out of pure shock and nervousness, I'm afraid we both bumbled the event a little, but it was certainly romantic and true to us, and I must say he did an amazing job with the ring. It's exactly what I wanted and I'm over the moon in love with it! I can't stop looking at it, which I've discovered can be quite dangerous when driving a car or cutting fabric. Ha! Despite many people trying to convince us otherwise, buying antique was important to both of us, and I'm so glad Mike refused to give up the search. It feels like he found a hidden treasure that was meant just for me. I suppose that makes him a cross between a knight in shining armour and a pirate. Regardless, I'm one lucky lady!

6 comments

Kate Hunter said...

Congratulations Erin!! The ring is beautiful!

De Facto Redhead said...

Once again, it's a wonderful ring! Congratulations from my alter ego, which in this case is DFR (although I think Gert might have worn that ring during her first marriage to the RAF pilot who eventually left her for Bea.)

Stephanie Sikma said...

Congratulations, Erin! Your ring is some serious eye candy.

Leah said...

That ring is outstanding!! Congratulations!

Jill said...

It's sweet, Erin - congratulations!

Holly Knitlightly said...

OH congratulations!!! Your ring is beautiful!!