Shop News

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! Besides a lovely visit with my family and scoring an amazing new dress from Sweet Trash, my weekend was pretty disappointing on the whole. A clear case of expectations getting way out of control, I think. Anyways, I'm quite happy to put it behind me and look forward to all of the exciting things happening for Dear Edna over the next month!


I'm proud to be taking part in the Poppytalk Handmade Market for their Mother's Day and Eco-themed month. If you're unfamiliar with the Poppytalk market, it's a curated online marketplace that showcases handmade goods of emerging design talent from around the world. I hope you'll take a moment to visit my virtual table and all of the other fantastic artists I'm sharing the space with from today (April 9) through May 4th.


I'm also thrilled to announce that for the entire month of April, I'll be donating 10% of all sales to the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada as part of their annual Spring Spring event. My family fundraise and participate in this 5k walk/run every year in honour of my father, a brave brain tumour survivor who has remained tumour-free for four years now! To learn more about the foundation or to sponsor me directly, please click here. Go Team!


In case you missed my messages on facebook and twitter, Needlework is a beautiful new fabric shop and workspace that opened in downtown Hamilton in February. They sell gorgeous designer fabric, notions, patterns and books; host fun craft nights; and provide a wide range of classes. As you can probably guess, it just might be my favourite space in the city. And I'm super excited to let you know that I'm becoming a part of it. That's right, you're looking at Needlework's newest instructor! My first class is on May 10th and I'll be teaching how to sew a basic apron. Just in time for Mother's Day. Pencil it in to your calendars now — more details will be announced closer to the end of the month.

3 comments

Jan Halvarson said...

So fun to have you with usErin!

Kate Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Hunter said...

Yay Erin! I'm excited for you apron class, it's going to be SUPER!