12 Ways to Deck the Halls

Ever since I can remember, the first weekend in December has traditionally been the time to throw on the Christmas carols, put up the tree and deck the halls. Perhaps this was a rule put in place by my parents to avoid constantly being nagged by us kids the day after Halloween, but I suspect this is the weekend most households officially kick off the holidays, get in the festive spirit, and hang the stockings with care. Later this evening I'll be doing just that myself. So I felt the need to kick off my 12 days of Christmas series with holiday decorations and ornaments all chosen from Etsy. I am seriously in love with a few of these pieces and wish I had seen them earlier in the season, particular that gorgeous advent calendar from Australia! It will be mine.


1. Arctic Express Bus Scroll from TransitDesign
2. Cross Stitched Folk Art Snowflake Ornament from CherieWheeler
3. Lasercut Holiday Ornaments from kleinlewicki
4. Teal Checkered Origami Star Ornament from Rigmarole
5. Vintage Trio of Deer from shavingkitsupplies 
6. One Sweet Linen Tree Ornament from allthingswhite
7. Ho Ho Ho Christmas Embroidery Hoop Garland from afabulousfete
8. Christmas Advent Calendar Kit from FreshFabricAustralia
9. Let it Snow Wood Coasters from OryxandCrakeDesign
10. Red and White Christmas Party Mini Bunting from BlueMoonStudios
11. White felted wool acorns from CityCrochet
12. Small Deer Trivet in blue felt from peppersprouts

8 comments

Kathi said...

this is our official decorating weekend also- one of my favorite things to do all year! lovely choices- I am so pleased to be among them.

Michael Jon Watt said...

This is a gorgeous collection. My entire house if festooned with Christmas glee!

Cherie Wheeler said...

You have a lovely assortment of Christmas items! Thanks for nestling my snowflake ornament among such treasures!

Merry Christmas!
cherie :)

TonyaUtkina said...

Amazing selection! So many truly great items!

De Facto Redhead said...

Yep, love the sign, as you thought I would. And now, since I just finished It's a Wonderful Life, I know what Bedford Falls means!

Erin said...

I just bought the LAST advent calendar. Sorry to anyone else that wanted it!

jen said...

thank you so much for feating my work. Such a pleasure to be in such great company!

Unknown said...

those acorns are adorable, thanks so much for including me too! love your picks:)