My First Craft Fair


So last weekend was the Beehive Craft Fair, my very first vendor experience, and I'm rather speechless about it. Literally. I've been mulling over this post all week, not sure exactly how to put it into words. Here goes nothing.

All in all, it was a fantastic event. First off, I have to hand it to the Beehive Collective. These ladies did an amazing job. I've never seen that space look more beautiful, we couldn't ask for more in terms of turnout and the sheer amount of positive comments about the fair in general are testaments alone to its success.

The Beehive should also be congratulated on their choice of vendors. Not to toot my own horn or anything like that, but quite the opposite; I felt incredibly honoured to be included with so many other amazing artisans. Their talent and creativity were truly inspiring and humbling and I loved having the opportunity to "talk shop" with many of them. I wanted to buy so many things!

But the icing on the cake had to be the customers. As an online business and a shy person in general, it's easy to hide behind my computer screen, but surprisingly I really enjoyed having the opportunity to interact with people. Everyone was really kind and complimentary (no ego-shattering horror stories here, thank goodness), and it was so interesting to see what products received the most petting. At the end of it all, I was really happy I took the plunge and I'm excited to try again, perhaps closer to the holidays.

A big thank you to my friend Carla, who helped man the table almost the entire time (that's one loyal friend), the Beehive ladies for inviting me to participate and for organizing such a great event, and to everyone that came out and supported me. You're the bees knees! (Haha! I couldn't resist.)

As a typical overachiever, although I did sell quite a bit, I was also left with stacks. That just means you can look forward to seeing a lot of new product popping up in my shop in the coming weeks. But for now, I'm enjoying some much-needed me time and getting the heck out of Dodge on a quick mini-vacation in Montreal! 

À bientôt!

No comments