In Mourning


My heart continued to break a little more every time a new picture or video of the devastation in Japan was released over the weekend. I lived in Osaka for a year and a half, so this one really hits home for me, literally. I will never forget the very small earthquake I experienced when I was there. It was so scary to see the ground beneath my feet rise in waves! Just the aftershocks of this one were far stronger than that one. I can't even fathom it! Thankfully all of my friends were far enough from the affected areas, so I assume they are safe, but of course my heart goes out to the thousands of victims and their families. None of us can possibly imagine what they are going through.

Canadians can make donations to the relief efforts through the following organizations:
Canadian Red Cross
Care Canada
Oxfam
Meet the Children
World Vision

We love you Japan! You're in our thoughts and prayers!


Here are some of my favourite shots of Japan in happier times...



No comments