Sampler Quilt


It's finished! Yay!

It only took me 6 months. Haha! In my defence, this was very much a learning project, so a slower pace was necessary. And when I think of everything I learned, all the time and effort was definitely worth it. Like I said back in November, I did the majority of the piecing work during a 7-week class at Needlework and the quilting at home over the holidays.

I even took a stab at hand-quilting for the first time. Those detailed cross-panels were just calling out for something special, so I hand-stitched along each leafy vine. The end result is quite beautiful, but I'll admit that something so intricate was tough for a first attempt. And you can't really see the shape on the back. So just don't look at the back, OK?

I'm still not sure I love all the colours I chose either, it's a little busy for my taste, but I'm really proud of the quality and complexity of it. How will I ever decide whether to keep it for myself or give it away?


1 comment

De Facto Redhead said...

It's not too busy for my taste...but I'm still holding out for my Christmas quilt. HA!