One month to Christmas!


Did you look at your calendar this morning and shudder? It's true. It's someway, somehow, the 25th of November. I can't believe it either! One month until Christmas, folks. The countdown is officially on!

If you're like me and prefer to avoid the craziness of the malls and big box stores as much as possible during the shopping frenzy, I'm going to shamelessly plug buying handmade. If personal, unique, eco-friendly and well-made gifts are priorities on your list this year, please consider shopping online on sites like Etsy, Big Cartel, and Supermarket, and locally at boutiques, craft shows and bazaars. Stay tuned for some of my gift guides to help you in your handmade search.

If you are considering shopping online, you better get a move on though, as shipping deadlines are looming. Please see below for Dear Edna's recommended purchasing dates.


Of course I welcome orders after these cut-off dates, but I can't guarantee they will arrive in time to make it under the tree. Ontario residents may have a little wiggle room, though.

I'm also tossing around the idea of gift certificates for those last-minute shoppers that miss the above deadlines. What do you think? Is that something you would be interested in? Maybe I should ask you on December 12th...

Happy shopping!

Image via PeppermintPinwheels

No comments