Au revoir!

                                                                                     ethanollie

Well, folks, in an hour I'll be on my way to the airport to begin my big European adventure with Mikey J! We're spending 4 weeks travelling 6 countries, and I couldn't be more excited! I have a feeling that this trip is going to be life changing for me, so I wanted to take a moment to think about where I am right now.

The last three months have been a complete whirlwind for me. I opened up shop as Dear Edna on Etsy as an experiment to see if I had what it takes to turn my sewing projects and crafts into a small business. I didn't have much of a plan or a goal outside of making a little extra cash for my trip. Holy cow, was I ever aiming low! I have been literally overwhelmed by the positive response to my work and my own response to being a small business owner! It's been a lot of work, but it's been the most satisfying and rewarding work I've ever done. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be reading business books before bed, studying expense reports, following currency rates, or writing my own blog, I would have laughed in your face and told you to have another drink!

I feel like this trip is my little break from the chaos of launching my business, an inspirational sabbatical that will have me returning to you in August full of new product ideas, eager to learn more about my craft, and ready to put a proper business plan in motion. I have big plans and big goals now that seem to have a life of their own!

Have a great July everyone!

E xo

No comments