Week in Review

If you follow me on twitter or facebook, you might have caught an excited announcement a little while back that I was the lucky winner of a seat in Lucky Break Consulting's mentoring program, Secrets to Wholesale Success! It's a 7-week online course that is worth $850, so obviously I had an idea that this was a pretty big deal and an amazing opportunity for my business.

Well, the course started last week, and let me tell you, I had no idea how big of a deal it really was. The course is intense right out of the starting gate and it's a lot more time and work than I was expecting. There have already been tears! But I'm sure the expression "no pain, no gain" completely applies to this situation -- I know I'm going to come out of this with so much more business know-how than I had going in. I'll be sure to keep you in the loop along the way. I may even need your help.

On top of about 8 hours of coursework, Lela threw in a blogging challenge just for good measure: take a picture every day this week of something you are doing to grow your business and post a recap on Friday. Challenge accepted!

Drowning under a sea of paperwork as I track every cent of what goes into a single Dear Edna product.

Washing and ironing some new cotton voile fabric. It's almost too beautiful to cut.

One of my goals for this year was to sew more things just for me, so this week I started a Megan Nielsen Darling Ranges dress.

Packaging up some coffee cup cosies for Red Hill Coffee Trade.

Processing photos for a new online retailer (more on that exciting news soon).

4 comments

Unknown said...

Lovely Edna!!

Lela B said...

"I'm continually trying to make choices that put me against my own comfort zone. As long as you're uncomfortable, it means you're growing."

Ashton Kutcher

My apologies for the tears Erin but I am so very proud of you for pushing through the coursework. LBU isn't easy, but I whole-heartedly believe that it's worth it. You're business is going to emerge from this a strong and lean machine and I can't wait to see what you'll do with it. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Nice Job Edna! Happy Friday.

Marilyn Schendel said...

Great post and we are all here for you! Hope you are having a great week- I LOVE the fabrics!