Sewing My First Quilt: Part 2


My quilt was gifted to baby Owen this past weekend, so, as promised, here are some shots of the final product! As you can tell, there were puckers in places and the squares didn't always line up perfectly, but that's the charm of handmade, right? And honestly, probably one of the best things I learned from this experience was not to bother worrying over those minute details, because they all magically disappear the moment it comes together as a complete quilt. Amazing how that happens. I should remember that for all my sewing projects. All in all, I'm pretty darn-tootin' proud of my first quilt and I'm already busy planning my next one!


2 comments

De Facto Redhead said...

This looks amazing! I fully expect one of these to be in my house someday... :)

Erin said...

Thanks, Carla. And yes, I expect you'll have one of these in your house someday too.