Baby Bunny Blanket

This project has been finished for weeks, but I haven't had the chance to show you! For shame. You know that can only mean one thing, though. Busy busy busy. It appears the holiday shopping season has begun, whether I'm ready for it or not. But why not take a break from the busy for a moment and adore some cute fuzzy bunnies, shall we?



All together now... awwwww!

This was my second attempt at a crochet baby blanket and my first attempt with the technique called filet crochet. As usual, it took a few false starts (no one wants a flat-nosed bunny) and the first block was slow, as I also had to learn how to use a charted pattern, but the remaining blocks knitted up quite quickly, if you ignore my 3-month summer hiatus. I'm not sure the photos do it justice, but one of the best features of this blankie was the fern green yarn. The colour was so pretty and gender-netural, I'd use it again in a heartbeat.

I'm really happy with the finished product and I'm pretty sure the baby I gave it to was too, who thanked me in giggles and cuddles. What more could I ask for now, really?

This was a free pattern, so there's no excuse not to give it a whirl. If I could do it, you can. All the details from the yarn to the crochet hook I used can be found on Ravelry, if you're interested.

No comments