Hooked

My first crochet project is finished! I learned a lot of lessons from this little guy, namely the horrors of "yarn puke" (as disgusting as it is frustrating), how to rewind yarn (the only antidote to aforementioned yarn puke), and the importance of counting accurately (a kindergarden skill I seemed to have lost). It's far from perfect, but I'm still pretty proud of it. And when all is said and done, as long as it keeps baby Thurston cozy and warm, I'm sure he won't mind my uneven stitches. Haha!


While I was crocheting this blanket, I joked that once it was finished, I could consider that craft learned, cross it off my list and start learning the next, quilting. I even had a stack of quilting books waiting. I guess I wasn't expecting to get addicted. As soon as I finished, I immediately bought new yarn and began searching for my next pattern. I found out the hard way that you should actually choose your pattern before your yarn, but it all worked out. Here's a sneak peak of how it's going so far.


While searching for patterns, I also discovered Ravelry. The last thing I need is another social networking site to distract me, but this site goes way beyond socializing. It's a fantastic resource for knitters and crocheters to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and to look for ideas and inspiration. You can find all the details of these two projects there. If you're a member, look me up and say hello!

1 comment

Colleen said...

The blanket is beautiful! I love the colour of your next project too. I taught myself to crochet last fall to make an amigurumi jellyfish for my friend and exact same thing happened to me: it took a few tries and the jellyfish was a little lumpy, but now I'm addicted! My living room was getting so full of little crocheted animals that I made an Etsy shop to start clearing space, lol. I wish you much luck in your future crochet endeavors!