Hamilton Happenings


It’s been a busy week for Edna. Being featured in Etsy Finds on Tuesday brought in more orders than I thought possible, so I’ve been working my little fingers to the bone ever since to get everyone’s Mother’s Day gifts out the door on time. Needless to say, I haven’t had time to blog, despite ambitious plans earlier in the week. But there is so much going on in Hamilton this weekend that I couldn’t let it go completely unnoticed. Plus, after my rant last time, how terrible would it be for me not to follow through. So here’s a quick link roundup for you. I hope you find something that piques your interest!


AGH Spring Art Sale: April 29 to May 2, 2010 // Joey and Toby Tanenbaum Pavilion is transformed into a four-day showcase for art lovers and art collectors hosting the best from specially invited local and regional artists.

Spring Sprint: May 1, 2010 // Lakeland Community Centre, Confederation Park // A 5k walk/run benefitting the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada. I’m participating for the second year in a row, along with my team, The McIngiomas. Make a donation or come out and show your support for such a great cause!

Open Doors Hamilton: May 1-2, 2010 // The city’s landmarks open their doors to the public for free! As a downtown dweller, I can’t wait to check out some of the old churches in my neighbourhood, finally see what the Lincoln Centre is all about, and check out what they’ve done with Mikey J’s alma mater, Stinson School.

Jane’s Walk: May 1-2 // Guided walks highlighting historic areas of Hamilton: Victoria Park, east of Dundurn Castle, Westdale, and the West Harbour/Bay & Barton Neighbourhood.


I’d love to hear what you’re getting up to this weekend, your thoughts on past events, or future events you’d like to see here, so don’t be shy, leave a comment or send me an email.

Have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week (or perhaps the week after if I’m still a one-woman sweatshop) with some interesting finds and a new "regular" feature.

No comments