FWQ Progress: September

I don't know about you, but I found it very hard to get out of bed to greet the first day of October this morning. So dark, gloomy and damp. Mike looked at the sky the other night and said it looked like it could be snowing. Ugh. What a thought. On the up side, weather like this puts me in the mood for warm and cozy things, like the banana bread currently baking in the oven and the four (yes, four) quilts I have in progress at the moment. 

One of those quilts is of course the Farmer's Wife. This month I added 6 blocks to the collection, which brings the total to 23.  I really wanted to share a photo of all of them together, but the light was not cooperating today at all. Next time. 

These complete the first lesson of Karen Walker's Farmer's Wife Revival classes. Yay! Her instructions definitely save hugely in the time and frustration departments. I also plan on signing up for Johanna Masko's Farmers Wife Deconstructed class  at Needlework, which starts at the end of the month. I'm going to be an expert by the time this is done!

#92 Streak of Lightening

#73 Rainbow Flowers

#80 Single Wedding Star

#68 Postage Stamp

#63 Ozark Maple Leaf

#40 Friendship Block

No comments