Retail Therapy

Up until recently, the only retail store that carried Dear Edna items was White Elephant, which you've heard about many times already. The owners of White Elephant, Hollie and Jane, have been incredibly supportive from the very start and that positive experience has given me the confidence to reach out and partner up with two new retailers: I'm excited to say that Dear Edna items can now be found for sale at Red Hill Coffee Trade and Dots and Loops Handmade!




Red Hill Coffee Trade is a family-run company here in Hamilton that imports and roasts fair trade organic coffee. They have a coffee bar in the Hamilton Farmer's Market where Mike is a regular customer, and when they found out that I make coffee cup cosies, they kindly offered to sell some for me! It's businesses like this that make Hamilton such a great community to live and work. The owner, Jason, and the staff are incredibly friendly, so I hope you'll stop by sometime for a coffee, a chat, and a cosie.

Photo at right via Happening Hamilton


Dots and Loops Handmade is a cute little gift shop in Lunenberg, Nova Scotia that sells beautifully curated handmade items from around the world. The shop is owned by husband-wife team Melanie Strong and Stephen Bishop, with Melanie running the shop floor most days while Stephen works in his print studio in the back. Oh, and did I mention it's located in a heritage building? It sounds like a dream setup to me and I hope to get a chance to visit them in the near future.



Photo via Shibang Designs



Although I mention it often, I don't think I've ever shared any photos of White Elephant. It is my favourite store in Hamilton, my friends can attest it's my go-to place for gifts, and (again) I'm incredibly proud to be a part of it. Thanks for everything, ladies!





I'd love to add some more retailers to the team, so if you know of any shops or boutiques in your community that you think would be a good fit for Dear Edna, please be sure to let me know!

No comments