The Newsroom

Have you been watching that show? It's pretty legendary. Get on that.

But there's more to life than TV and, as it turns out, the world doesn't stop turning when I stop blogging. Imagine that? So today I've got a bunch of newsy bits to share with you before we get back to our regular crafty program, if that's alright with you. I had a little fun with Photoshop while I was at it. :)


Now don't panic... it's temporary. After an entire spring and summer of planning, our kitchen renovation is finally happening! Our home, which also happens to be my workplace, will be a tad chaotic for the next couple weeks and I'd rather not be running between the sewing machine and a dusty kitchen, sewing with screwdrivers and sending out aprons with pockets of drywall crumbs. You understand.

Plus, I'm already starting to feel pressure to start preparing for the holidays, so I'm also going to try and use this little time off to get myself a little more organized for that. I hope to be back in business for the start of September, but please forgive me if I need a little more time. You know how these things go.


Just because my shop will be closed, doesn't mean I'll be disappearing. I still plan on blogging, facebooking and twittering as much (or as little) as usual. Also, don't forget that I still teach monthly sewing classes in Hamilton at Needlework. This Sunday, August 26th from 10 to 2, I'll be teaching some lovely crafters how to make a reversible apron. There are still a couple spots left, if you want to join us. And on September 19th, I'm teaching something new, a fabulously feminine retro apron. You'll have the option of making either a full or half style, depending on what you're comfortable with, or have time for. I can't stress how great classes at Needlework are — you can find out more by visiting the Needlework website here. {Side note: while visiting the classes page, take a look at the wild-looking girl in white in the photo. That's me making leather mocassins. Don't judge... it was tough work.}


And last but not least, it's time to hand in those hexies we've been busily hand-sewing all summer. What do you think of my final product? It's grown a little since you last saw it here. I love it, and have to admit, I got pretty possessive for awhile there and wanted to keep it for myself. I'm pretty used to this feeling though — I want to keep everything new that I sew — so I'm getting good at recognizing it and letting go. We were supposed to learn sharing in kindergarten, right? Meh.

Supercrawl is September 14-15, so the Beehive is asking everyone to submit their pieces by the end of the month. There are lots of locations where you can drop them off, like here and here. Have a beer while you're at it.

My little brother is getting married September 15th, so I won't be able to attend and see my beautiful hexies in action, adorning the buildings of James St. North. Feel free to paparazzi them... but only if you agree to share.

No comments