Shop Update


For awhile now I've wanted to create a full-size version of my flirty half aprons, but I've learned that sometimes you have to sit with an idea for awhile and wait until the right fabric crosses your path (or vice versa) before the magic happens. Luckily my creativity stars aligned this summer and I whipped up two special designs for the craft fair. One was a gorgeous grey and blue floral fabric with an eyelet lace waistband and straps, and it went to a good home on the first night of the fair (you can see it hanging behind me here). I promise to make another as soon as I can.

This is the other. I brought this fabric back with me from Portland and knew right away that it would inspire a special piece. The fabric is a little on the heavier side, more like a denim, so I went with a few pleats in front rather than a full gathered waist and combined it with a high, wide waistband and a slightly narrower top. The effect is a very flattering, feminine and tailored garment. I say "garment" because it's literally a few inches of fabric and a zipper away from being a dress. I'm so proud of it! The first time I tried it on, I instantly felt like Alice in Wonderland... and that's not a half-bad feeling to have when you're going about your chores, don't you think?

Please visit the shop for more pictures and details.

No comments