Weekend Wisdom

 

The majority of the time, I try to do the right thing. I don't own a car. I shop and eat locally. I try to make or buy handmade as much as possible. Heck, I'm even making my own veggies this year. But y'know what I learned this weekend? Sometimes, a girl just can't do it all. Sometimes the errands and to-do lists pile up so high that I can't possibly get it all done without four wheels and a big box store or two. And sometimes,  just sometimes, I have to accept that every gift can't be personally handmade by yours truly. I only have two hands and I need to cut myself some slack.

So this weekend, I splurged on a rental car and spent Friday and Saturday blitzing through my long list of errands, from Walmart to Party Packagers to Ikea and back again. But Sunday, Mike and I used the car for good. We took a day for ourselves: we visited the lilacs (and some furry friends) at the Royal Botanical Gardens, followed by a deliciously romantic and relaxing picnic, and a few laughs at the Buskerfest in Dundas. I'm thinking I should give myself a break more often.

No comments