Sneak Peak: My New Workspace

I want to thank Eva from Sycamore Street Press for having me contribute on her blog last week. In case you missed it, I wrote about a bunch of my most favourite things: mixing modern and old, organization, needlework, books and music. I was honored to be part of such a beautiful blog and I especially enjoyed hearing from new readers! Hopefully some followed me here. If so, hello and welcome!

I hope you enjoyed those five full days of posting, because I clearly haven't been able to manage much writing since. The computer has been taken hostage for the past few days as my talented and generous boyfriend builds me customized accounting software (I know, I'm a lucky girl!). While he's been doing that, I've been busy rearranging and organizing my new workspace. I still have a few accessories to buy and install before the big reveal, but I'm so excited about it, I couldn't resist a quick sneak peak while I have my hands on the computer. Here you go!

I know this doesn't reveal much, but I don't want to ruin the surprise! You can at least tell that I have the space now to store and display all my supplies in a neat and organized way and that I have separate areas for my sewing and my editing. This makes me very, very happy!


We even have room now for Mikey J to get creative. He's recently taken up oil painting, so we set up this art nook for him. It feels great when we're working up there together, creativity seemingly bouncing off the walls, and equally as nice to be able to just leave the room and put it out of our minds when we want to relax. For two perfectionists, this is essential.

I can't wait to show you the rest. Unfortunately, it's the little finishing touches that always seem to take me the longest. Feel free to get on my case if I take too long. In fact, I encourage it!

3 comments

Hollie said...

looks great! and i can't believe that mikey j has just recently taken up oil painting. that looks amazing!

Erin said...

Thanks! I'm so impressed with his painting too! It's the result of only 10 weeks of classes with Paul Richard James: http://www.oldmasters.ca/oldmasters/default.php.

De Facto Redhead said...

How many things can I spot that were in the back of my car...?