Hamilton Happenings


My trip to Europe was a fantastic, once in a lifetime experience, but I am sorry to have missed all the events happening around Hamilton this summer and to have skipped out on my promise to share them with you here. I'd love to hear about everything you got up to, so please share in the comments. The good news, Hamilton Happenings is back and September is a BIG month for Hamilton! I've rounded up FIVE awesome events all happening in the next two weeks in the downtown core. Hope to see you there!

Art Crawl: Sept. 10 / 7-11 / James St. North / Business as usual for Art Crawl again this month. This is truly one of my favourite things to do in the city, so I really missed not being able to go the last couple months. In addition to my usual favourite hot spots, I'm excited to finally check out the newest member of the James North family, the Mulberry St. Coffeehouse.

Locke St. Festival: Sept. 11 / 10 - 11 / This is a great annual event in the area with tons of local vendors lining the street, live entertainment, and great food. Be sure to stop by and say hello to the girls at The Last Hurrah for some stylish vintage finds for your fall wardrobe and try not to miss Tomi Swick on stage at 8:30 strumming out some old favourites.

Localicious: Sept. 11 - Oct. 3 / For 17 days, 13 downtown restuarants will feature special lunch dishes and prix fixe dinner menus featuring the best of our local harvest. The "Delicious Baker's Dozen" they've chosen truly are some of my favourite restaurants, so I encourage you to take advantage.

AGH World Film Festival: Sept. 24 - Oct. 3 / This little film fest seems to be getting bigger and better every year. Get Low (I saw it at  last year's Toronto International Film Festival and it was excellent), Animal Kingdom, The Maid, and Police, Adjective are some of the acclaimed highlights.

Supercrawl: Sept. 25 / 1-11 / James St. North / Think art crawl, but bigger. In addition to the usual fantastic galleries being open to the public and interesting artsy street performers, there will be vendors' booths set up on the street and several stages featuring musical guests such as Elliott Brood, Cadence Weapon and Bruce Peninsula, to name a few. [One of my oldest, bestest friends is getting married on this day, so I have to miss it, but I'll be there in spirit my friends!]


Image via Shelbyville

No comments