Shop Update


I'm thrilled announce that there are now three handmade quilts available in my shop! Two patchwork baby blankets and a whole-cloth lap-size. Perfect for all your baby and bridal showers this Spring.

I think I've mentioned here before that quilting is something I've dreamed of my entire life. My grandmother was a talented quilter, often sewing them completely by hand, and I have memories playing underneath her quilting frames. I recently learned that my other grandmother quilted from time-to-time as well and that some of my aunts quilt too. So I was eager to carry on the family tradition.

It didn't take long for my interest to turn into a passion. The world of quilts is a never-ending well of inspiration for me and has renewed my creativity at a time when I really needed it. It's taught me to value slowness, accuracy and quality. It calms and focusses. It's made me a better sewer.

In short, I love it and I'm super excited to finally be able to share some of that love with you! 


Given how labour-intensive quilting can be, I'm not sure when I'll be able to post more designs, but I'm definitely open to taking commissions, if you have something or someone special in mind.

Speaking of custom requests, embroidery works really well on quilts and adds  a sweet personal touch to a special gift. Here are some examples of embroidery I've added to quilts for friends.


No comments