FWQ Progress: July


My Farmer's Wife Quilt project hit the wayside around May along with everything else non-wedding related. But, good news, I'm back on track! I jumped back in with the quilt-along block of the month, #23 Country Farm, and my excitement quickly turned to frustration. I don't know why, but this one really stumped me. I spent about 3 hours at it one night, measuring, re-measuring, even cutting out the bloody paper template, and just when I thought I was making progress, realized everything was the wrong size! %@#$!

Thinking that surely there must be a better way, I turned to the InternetThat's when I discovered Karen Walker's Farmer's Wife Quilt Revival Classes on Craftsy. Basically it's a series of pdfs that teach you how to cut and piece every single block in the quilt using modern techniques. Jackpot! That's exactly what I've been looking for! So I downloaded the first class and... bingo bango... I knocked out 4 blocks in one afternoon, the same time it took me to fail at one the night before! The classes are $8.50 each and there are 12 of them, released once a month, but to me it is well worth the money. Heck, with the time saved I'll probably come out even. 

Anyway, here are the four I made plus the quilt-along one. I'm super excited about this project again!

 #23 Country Farm

 #55 Linoleum

 #54 Kitchen Woodbox

 #48 Homeward Bound

#2 Autumn Tints

1 comment

Laugh Yourself into Stitches said...

These look great!!! thanks for the shout out for my Farmer's Wife Quilt Revival Classes!