One of a Kind Show Purchases

You didn't think I could spend five days surrounded by 450 one of a kind artists without purchasing a few gifts for myself did you? It was hard to tear myself away from my table long enough to browse, but thanks to my insistent helpers, I managed to see it all in a few stages. Here's my haul.


Edna's Pickles: I mean, how could I resist? Edna and her husband are incredibly sweet and have been doing the show for thirteen years, or something crazy like that. They were both cracking jokes the whole time I talked to them and just generally seemed to love what they do. So lovely. Her homemade chutneys also happen to be so delicious.


Maxwell Pottery: I grew up using a ceramic milk pitcher that used to belong to my Grandmother and have always wanted one for myself. My mom spotted Maxwell selling them in a variety of beautiful finishes at the show and I immediately snapped one up. How Canadian does this make me, to have such an extravagant vessel for my bag of milk? I'd say very.


Hug and Kiss Designs: It's no secret that I love stationary and greeting cards, but when I came back to my table with ten of these cards in hand, I think Mike was ready to organize an intervention. But these cards are special. No, really! Usually I hate the kind of people that chuckle out loud in card shops, but I literally could not keep my giggles in when I read through these cards. Go to their website and see for yourself!


Hen Jewelry: I challenge you to sit next to a tree full of beautiful jewelry for five days straight and not take one home. I admired this one in particular for the entire show and was delighted when Gen proposed a trade for it. A lovely side effect of craft shows that is a little easier on the profits of said shows. She calls this design "Warrior", which we both found to be a pretty fitting souvenir!


I could easily have spent a small fortune, there were so many beautiful artisans at this show. I have a few things to save for this year, so I was quite proud that I was able to restrain myself to four. But here is a sampling of some of the business cards that will surely tempt me with retail regret for years to come. Maybe next year...

2 comments

Gaelan said...

That necklace is gorgeous! This makes me even sadder that I couldn't make it to The One of a Kind show this year.

De Facto Redhead said...

I love the necklace you chose!